- After Christmas sales (best done last week of December)- Replacement bulbs, candles, ornaments, etc., 1/2 price or more on gift wrap, cards, and decorations.
- Check out 1/2-price perfumes, photo frames, one-size-fits-all gloves, after-shave, Christmas refrigerator magnets, and stationery for next year’s emergency gifts. Buy perfume for Valentine’s Day.
- Do you have a 2023 grad? Look at the New Year’s party items clearance sales for decorations you may be able to use for the graduation party.
- Also, computers, stereos, DVD players, and other over-stocked electronic equipment will go on sale. Wait until after Electronics Show.
- Other items that may go on sale include toys, appliances, furniture, and dishes. Furniture stores clear out old models. Darker and heavier fabrics will have the biggest cuts.
- Many stores have “White Sales” this month: tablecloths, sheets, pillowcases, blankets, and comforters.
- Towards the end of the month, winter clothes go on sale for up to 2/3 to 3/4 off. Check out nightgowns, sweatshirts, sweaters, vests, shoes, and handbags for next year’s gift-giving or needed replacements for your family. Start watching Martin Luther King weekend. Also, check out boots and outerwear (coats, jackets, blazers). special occasion dresses (if you have a dress-up event on your calendar) and denim.
- For the best selection, purchase Valentine’s candy and cards now.
- Televisions may go on sale before the Super Bowl.
- Cold and flu products such as kleenexes, cough syrup, hand sanitizers, and other products that treat cold symptoms. Check out expiration dates.
- Storage and organization products.
- Exercise equipment and DVDs.
Thank you so much for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please give it a share!
If you have any questions or comments, please share them below.