The January Checklist focuses on wrapping up Christmas and quarterly maintenance chores.
- Takedown Christmas decorations.
- Return or exchange gifts, overstock Christmas supplies, etc.
- Write thank-you notes.
- Update home inventory
- Gather all the paperwork you need to do your taxes.
- Do January Holiday Checklist.
- Check out January sales.
Clean and straighten clothes closet
- Delete outdated computer files.
- Uninstall programs you no longer use on your PC and laptop.
- Make a back-up of computer files.
- Organize computer files.
- Organize paper files.
- Remove dust from the top of the refrigerator.
- Empty and clean the drip pan.
- Clean coils.
Apply a wood protectant to kitchen cabinets.
- Check the dishwasher for leaks.
- Remove the dishwasher spray arm and clean out the holes. This also allows access to the filter for cleaning. Some snap off, while others require you to unscrew a cap on top. Use an open paper clip (never a toothpick) to get under and remove debris. Don’t push into the arm.
- Clean the dishwasher filter. Remove the filter screen if possible. Otherwise, use a wet/dry vacuum to suck out the debris.
- Clean dishwasher float.
Thank you so much for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please give it a share!
If you have any questions or comments, please share them below.