Last Updated on
Here a list of simple ways you can make your baskets look festive.
Fill a basket with:
- Cellophane grass
- Crumpled tissue paper
- Piece of fabric
- Shredded colored paper
Fill-ins for your basket
- Candy canes
- Foiled wrapped Santas
- Small pine cones
- Bunch of cinnamon sticks tied with red ribbon
- Christmas greenery
- Christmas ornaments
- Lots of small bows
- Nuts in a shell
- Small scented candles
- Christmas baking
- Mandarin oranges
1. Measure basket from rim to rim and cut fabric circle 1/2″ bigger.
2. Finish the top edge of the fabric.
3.Lay fabric right-side-up in the basket. Pleat to fit.
4. Hot glue fabric onto the basket
1. Measure basket from rim-to-rim.
2. Multiply the measurement by 1 1/2.
3. Cut out fabric circle this dimension
4. Place basket on top of the wrong side of the fabric and pull up the fabric.
5. Attach rubber band at the rim over the fabric
6. Stuff between fabric and basket with fiberfill
7. Cover rubber band with ribbon, raffia, yarn, etc.
Sponge paint basket
Dip a dampen sponge into the paint, remove excess paint on paper towels. Use a light stamping motion to paint with.
Apply sealer and let dry. Apply a base coat of paint. Let dry. Thin accent paint. Splatter on colors. Occasionally splattering some basecoat paint.
Apply stain with a small brush. Let partially dry and wipe off excess with a lint-free cloth
Please share your suggestions for baskets in the comments below.
Thank you so much for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please give it a share!
For more information: