Here is a list of simple ways you can make your baskets look festive.
Fill a basket with:
- Cellophane grass
- Crumpled tissue paper
- Piece of fabric
- Shredded colored paper
Fill-ins for your basket
- Candy canes
- Foiled wrapped Santas
- Small pine cones
- Bunch of cinnamon sticks tied with red ribbon
- Christmas greenery
- Christmas ornaments
- Lots of small bows
- Nuts in a shell
- Small scented candles
- Christmas baking
- Mandarin oranges
1. Measure the basket from rim to rim and cut the fabric circle 1/2″ bigger.
2. Finish the top edge of the fabric.
3. Lay fabric right-side-up in the basket. Pleat to fit.
4. Hot glue fabric onto the basket
1. Measure the basket from rim to rim.
2. Multiply the measurement by 1 1/2.
3. Cut out fabric circle this dimension
4. Place the basket on top of the wrong side of the fabric and pull up the fabric.
5. Attach a rubber band at the rim over the fabric
6. Stuff between fabric and basket with fiberfill
7. Cover the rubber band with ribbon, raffia, yarn, etc.
Sponge paint basket
Dip a dampened sponge into the paint, and remove excess paint on paper towels. Use a light stamping motion to paint with.
Apply sealer and let dry. Apply a base coat of paint. Let dry. Thin accent paint. Splatter on colors. Occasionally splattering some basecoat paint.
Apply stain with a small brush. Let partially dry and wipe off excess with a lint-free cloth
Please share your suggestions for baskets in the comments below.
Thank you so much for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please give it a share!
For more information: