Some tips on transitioning summer clothes to fall.
Short sleeve or sleeveless dress
- Layer jacket, blazer, cardigan or shirt over the dress.
- Depending on the style of your dress, you may be able to layer a shirt, light sweater or t-shirt under the dress
- Pull a sweater over the dress and use the bottom of the dress as a skirt.
Shorts or Short Skirt
Tights give the needed warmth. And no, red or blue legs don’t look fashionable–keep them warm.
Transitioning Tank tops
- Use under sweaters or long-sleeve t-shirts.
- Use under dresses to cover up a bare neckline.
- Wear over a cotton shirt or a long sleeve t-shirt.
Vests go over practically anything including dresses.
Scarves should be heavier, and they can make a wonderful pop of color in the winter.
Some tips on layering when transitioning your wardrobe to another season:Keep the fabrics thin to reduce bulk except the outside layer that may be thicker
When layering jackets/cardigans over another top, it is best to keep the inner top the same length or slightly longer. The exception is a short jacket where you want to wear something long under it.
The more bulk you have up top; the less bulk you want on the bottom.
Limit layers to three.
Usually, a similar neckline works best except v-necks that pair with a squarish neckline.
Do you have a tip on transitioning summer clothes? Please share in the comment section below.