- Take down Christmas decorations
- Return or exchange gifts, overstocked Christmas supplies, etc.
- Write thank-you notes
- Update home inventory
- Gather all the paperwork you need to do your taxes.
- Do January Holiday Checklist
- Check out January sales
Clean and straighten clothes closet
- Check machine hoses
- Check dryer exhaust tube for debris and lint
- Clean duct, damper and space under dryer
- Make sure exterior vent cover closes completely when not in use.
- Delete outdated computer files
- Uninstall programs you no longer use on PC and laptop
- Make back-up of computer files
- Organize computer files
- Organize paper files
- Remove dust from top of refrigerator.
- Empty and clean drip pan.
- Clean coils.
Apply a wood protectant to kitchen cabinets.
- Check dishwasher for leaks.
- Remove the dishwasher spray arm and clean out the holes. This also allows access to the filter for cleaning. Some simply snap off while others require you to unscrew a cap on top. Use an open paper clip (never a tooth pick) attempting to get under and pop out debris. Don’t push into arm.
- Clean the dishwasher filter. Remove the filter screen if possible. Otherwise, use a wet/dry vacuum to suck out the debris.
- Clean dishwasher float