- After Christmas sales (best done last week of December)- Replacement bulbs, candles, ornaments, etc. 1/2 price or more on gift wrap, cards, decorations.
- Check-out 1/2 price perfumes, photo frames, one-size fits all gloves, after-shave, Christmas refrigerator magnets, and stationery for next years emergency gifts. Buy perfume for Valentine’s Day.
- Also computers, stereos, DVD players and other over-stocked electronic equipment will go on sale. Wait until after Electronics Show.
- Other items that may go on sale include toys, appliances, furniture, and dishes. Furniture stores clear out old models. Darker and heavier fabrics will have the biggest cuts.
- Many stores have “White Sales” this month: tablecloths, sheets, pillowcases, blankets and comforters.
- Towards the end of month, winter clothes go on sale up to 2/3 to 3/4 off. Check out nightgowns, sweatshirts, sweaters, vests, shoes, handbags, for next years gift giving or needed replacements for your family. Start watching around Martin Luther King weekend. Also check out boots, outerwear (coats, jackets, blazers). special occasion dresses (if you have a dress-up event coming up on your calendar) and denim.
- For best selection, purchase Valentine candy and cards now
- Televisions may go on sale before the Super Bowl.
- Cold and flu products such as kleenexes, cough syrup, hand sanitizers, and other products that treat cold symptoms. Check out expiration dates.
- Storage and organization products.
- Exercise equipment and DVDs.
Planning for graduations, Mother's Day and Easter. Continues 12 month Christmas plan.