Brown Paper Ideas
- *Use rubber stamps to stamp designs on the paper.
- *Lay paper doilies on the paper. Spray with white paint. Let dry and remove doilies. Wrap package. Top with a white bow and silver rickrack.
- *Place gold star stickers all over package. Top with gold bow and gold wire stars.
- *Tie package with salsa and glue cinnamon sticks, greenery and pine cones together for the bow
- *Dab squiggles of metallic paint on with a brush for shimmering effect
- *Over wrap with golden tulle.
- *Write recipient’s address in center of gift. Your address in the left corner. Draw on Santa stamp.
- *Sponge or splatter on red, green, silver or gold paint
White Shelf Paper Gift Wrap
- *Use rubber stamps to make designs
*Stencil on designs
- *Splatter or sponge with metallic paints
*Place small gifts e.g. ties, socks. belts, etc. in an empty paper towel tube. Wrap with paper then wrap red ribbon around to give look of peppermint stick.
*Cut out Christmas message from type found in magazines. Glue to package.
*Stamp on green stars. With a brush swirl on red acrylic paint. Splatter with gold paint.
*Create an envelope for a small gift. Address as you would an envelope.
Tissue Paper Gift Wrap
*Rubber stamp on designs
*Stencil on designs
*Splatter with paint
*Bundle odd shape gifts with 2 or 3 layers of tissue paper. Tie top with contrasting yarn.
*Use tissue paper to fold around clothes in boxes and to line gift bags.
*Cut tissue paper into 1/4 inch strips and use as toss to cover top of gift bags.
*Wrap gift in tissue paper. Tie with piece of lace and tie on velveteen bow for Victorian look.
Miscellaneous paper wraps
- *Use Christmas sheet music to wrap small gifts. Can antique by brewing tea and letting the tea cool. Dip a sponge into the tea wring sponge out and apply a thin wash to the sheet music. Let dry.
*Wrap travel gifts in maps
- *Wrap date books, diaries, etc. in calendar pages.
*Travel pages for travel clocks, road maps, atlas, etc.
*Funnies for children’s gifts
*Sports pages for sporting related gifts
*Black and white newsprint tied with red ribbon is a very attractive gift
Cellophane and Shrink Wrap
- Use cellophane for hard to wrap gifts e.g.
- Baskets, buckets, pails, small wagons.
- Food gifts
- A plant
- Fresh bouquet of flowers
Tie a fluffy bow to the top and a sprig of holly
Purchase shrink wrap from hardware stores to save $
Thank you so much for reading, if you enjoyed this blog post please give it a share!
For more gift wrapping ideas, check out: